Sample Resume Nursing Assistants
When you are looking to become a Certified Nursing Assistant, you can often learn a lot by turning to the internet to view a CNA sample resume and other helpful information from those who are experienced and have gone through the process before you. If you are already certified as a CNA and are looking to get a job, a CNA sample resume can provide valuable insight into how to best present yourself.
The Importance Of A CNA Resume
Your resume says a lot about who you are. It does so by highlighting the experiences you have had, as well as what you have taken from those experiences. Your CNA resume gives you an opportunity to show that you stand out in your abilities, knowledge or skills. Your resume is essentially you on paper, so it is important to spend time making it say exactly what you want it to say.
On your resume, you will list your credentials in the health care industry as well as other areas. This will very often include the date, location, and source of your CNA training classes, as well as the date you passed your certification exam. If you have any volunteer experience or work experience in a hospital or health care setting, this is also something you should highlight on your resume.
Mac Garth, New York,
I am experienced certified nursing assistant with 5 years of experience, seeking a certified nursing assistant position in a reputed health organization where I can apply my best clinical skills.
- Excellent clinical, customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and infection control standards.
- Knowledge of age specific developmental factors specific to adult and geriatric residents.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
Education and Certification:
Certified Nursing Assistant Course, New York University (1995)
High School Diploma from Dawn school, New York, NY (1993)
Mount Loreto Nursing Home – Amsterdam, NY
Certified Nursing Assistant (1999 to 2002)
- Provided nursing and nursing related services to residents.
- Maintained homelike environment for the residents.
- Protected and promoted resident rights and assisted the person to maintain independence.
- Provided routine care to the patients.
- Reported to the senior doctors of the status of patient by spending maximum time in the room with the patient.
- Maintained the ward neat and clean.
- Obtained specimens, weights, and vital signs of patients.
- Administered injections and given medicinal intakes.
Suny Downstate Medical Center – Brooklyn, NY
Certified Nursing Assistant (1996 to 1999)
- Provided nursing care in accordance with resident care policies and procedures.
- Ensured the safety and well-being of the residents is maintained.
- Assisted residents with bathing, dressing, hygiene, and grooming in accordance with established care plan.
- Given enemas to patient when needed.
- Measured and recorded patient’s fluid intake and output.
- Managed supply inventory and supply requisitions.
- Provided medication reminders.
- Provided patient transportation to doctor appointments